Autumn has arrived and brought with it many pleasant moments: gold appeared on the trees and bushes, the sky was covered with fluffy clouds, animals and birds began to scurry about, getting ready to survive the cold and winter cold. And in the fall, students met with their school friends. The children's schedule took up most of the time with lessons and preparation for school. Children from kindergarten have holidays and educational activities dedicated to autumn themes. There they act out skits, go on excursions, and paint autumn as they see it.
That's what we'll talk about today. After all, autumn inspires, I want to talk about how special this time is. Autumn is beautiful, it gives many warm days and amazing moments. This is exactly what is worth drawing!
Drawing on the theme of autumn in pencil
Drawing with a pencil is very simple. Can be used:
- drawing technique (look at the original and repeat every stroke exactly),
- or simply retake the image and transfer it to your own sheet of paper (this is when a blank sheet of paper is superimposed on the picture and drawn with a pencil along the contours and individual details of the image),
- a pencil allows you to convey shadow and light, volume and texture of an object (due to shading).
Well, if something doesn’t work out, you can easily fix it with an eraser.
Pencil drawings can be monochrome or color. How can a simple pencil convey the gold of autumn leaf fall, the crimson of sunset and the aroma of fallen leaves? Easily! If you use pictures typical of autumn, your memory will “complete the picture” itself. For example, a heap of leaves depicted on paper that lies under a tree will remind you how great it is to toss these leaves, how they quietly fall and spin, and how they rustle under your feet when you walk on them.
See examples of drawings for sketching in the gallery:
For reference! A pencil drawing is a work done by:
- with a simple pencil;
- a set of colored pencils;
- one of the colored pencils.
The children themselves can choose how it is convenient for them to draw autumn, and what colors will convey what they see.
Master class on how to draw autumn with a pencil.
1. First, draw a sketch with a simple pencil. For example, an alley in a park, on the sides of which trees appear one after another. A person can walk along the alley under an umbrella.
2. Draw the contours with a felt-tip pen. We erase the pencil.
3. Color with colored pencils, shading or pastels. First we paint the crowns yellow.
4. Then shade one side with light brown.
5. Here and there we apply green spots on the bushes and on the ground. All that remains is to color the silhouette of the girl.
Autumn is the season of vegetables
Another popular material for autumn crafts are vegetables and fruits. The simplest vegetable craft is a hedgehog. Take a large potato, make needles from toothpicks, decorate the back of the resulting hedgehog with apples, beautiful leaves, and a mushroom.
Popular heroes Smeshariki can be made from small round apples, lemons, oranges.
Model legs, arms, hats of the characters from plasticine, eyes and mouths can be cut out of paper and glued. For Nyusha, make a snout from red plasticine.
Your favorite cartoon characters are ready.
Pumpkin is the queen of fall crafts. You can make a classic Halloween candle holder with your own hands. Use as a head for almost any hero. If you have patience, you can cut out a house or even a carriage.
Check out more inspiring photos to create some crafts with your child.
Easy autumn drawings for kindergarten
Drawing is a favorite pastime of even the smallest toddlers. Yes, sometimes it is difficult for children to clearly draw something specific. They lack experience and confidence. That is why this section presents works that are understandable to children. These pictures are easy to repeat. They don't have a lot of small details that toddlers usually miss.
You can use various tools to make leaf prints: corks, paper tubes, toothbrushes, kitchen sponge, cotton swabs, palms, real leaves. Kids love making prints.
The main theme of these drawings is autumn. And to highlight the beauty of this time of year, kids are invited to get acquainted with the bright palette of autumn colors. Children will also appreciate the fact that autumn allows freedom of choice of colors:
And also blue, lilac and black. That is, it will not be difficult for kids to draw a real autumn.
Autumn drawing master class for children 2-5 years old.
You will need:
- White pencil
- Thick soft brush
1. Using a white pencil on a blue sheet, draw the silhouette of a tree and grass.
2. Mix yellow paint with a small amount of paint. We put a large amount of paint on the brush and “poke” it on the crown.
3. Add more yellow, and again poke the brush randomly across the crown.
4. Mix white with yellow and ocher (or light brown), and also add green. We draw grass with strokes.
5. Add a darker green to the mixture and paint dark strokes on top of the grass.
6. Mix white, a little brown and blue. We get light gray and draw a birch trunk.
7. Now we apply pure yellow spots to the crown.
8. If desired, draw clouds.
9. Use brown and blue to make stripes on the birch trunk.
There is a reason for collecting chestnuts. These smooth fruits, warm to the touch, are an excellent craft material for kids. With a 3-year-old child you can make a caterpillar from chestnuts. Colored cardboard is suitable as a base, secure the fruits with plasticine, and make antennae and legs from it.
The chestnut easily turns into a snail's house, and the body can be made from dough, clay or plasticine. Don't forget the horns.
Boys can make a robot out of chestnuts. You will again need plasticine and a little imagination.
Video on how to draw a drawing of “autumn colors” for sketching
For those who like to draw pictures, there is a special section in this selection of autumn pictures. In fact, it is not so easy to copy a landscape from a ready-made sample. Here you need to consider:
- every detail
- sizes of individual items,
- the scale of the whole picture,
In addition, the choice of color is at your discretion. Therefore, pictures copied from the sample can be safely considered independent works. It is you who bring the landscape to life, showing how brightly the sun shines, how the wind “walks” and how the foliage rustles.
It is worth paying special attention to the selection of colors for the design of the work, the name of which speaks for itself: “autumn colors.” Autumn is diverse, you can’t count the colors and shades in which the sky, bushes, trees and withered grass are painted. The entire color palette can fit on one sheet of paper when it comes to fall colors.
Lesson summary for the application “What has autumn brought us?” in the middle group
Lesson notes on the application “What has autumn brought us?” in the middle group
Goals : Learn to make patterns from geometric shapes; develop cutting skills; develop speed and agility; strengthen your hands.
Materials and equipment : sheets of paper, squares, triangles, rectangles, strips cut from colored paper, a sample of “Bouquet in a Vase” applique
Progress of the lesson
- Let's stretch our arms and do exercises for the hands:
Drawing on the theme of golden autumn with colors
When it comes to golden autumn, the first thing that comes to mind is yellow with its variety of shades, from sand and lemon to the color of ripe tangerine. But this is not entirely true. And just as gold glitters and shimmers with all the colors of the rainbow when a ray of sun hits it, so the golden season can be not only yellow, but also red, and orange, and bright blue, and deep green. All these colors should form the basis of the work about the foliage shimmering in the last warm rays of the sun.
What will help make the drawing even brighter? Paints! They are the ones who are able to color a picture so as to accurately convey the beauty of autumn days. The paints produce richer colors and are easy to mix and match.
I offer a simple and very beautiful work on the theme “Golden Autumn”.
Materials and tools:
- Acrylic or gouache
- Paper – watercolor or any thick sheet
Stages of work:
1. Using a large brush, pick up thick white paint and draw a circle. We take a little blue with some water and apply it along the edges, mixing a little with white. We continue to draw a circle, expanding it.
2. We should get a circle with darker edges and a light circle in the center. To do this, take blue, without mixing with white, and apply further, moving away from the white center. The blue blends smoothly into the blue to create a beautiful gradient.
3. Draw a horizon line - about ¼ of the sheet. We paint over everything above in a circle.
4. Using horizontal strokes, apply dark blue to the bottom of the sheet.
5. Apply horizontal strokes of yellow color in the center. It mixes a little with blue, turning out greenish.
6. Apply white on top of the yellow with light horizontal touches, going down to the bottom of the sheet.
7. Using a thin brush and liquid black paint, draw a tree trunk from the horizon line. We draw with curved thin lines. Do not forget that the tree itself and each branch are always thicker at the base and thinner towards its tip.
At the base we draw roots going into the ground.
8. Tear off a piece of sponge, pick up rich red, mixing it a little with yellow. By applying a sponge and sharply tearing it off, we apply paint. We set the trajectory as if the leaves are twisting around the moon.
9. Apply foliage to all branches with a sponge. We also apply fallen leaves on the sides below.
Now take a lighter color with a sponge and apply it on top of the red along the edge. In some places we leave a dark red color.
10. Take an even lighter, almost white one and make prints on top.
11. Using a brush, turn the tip of the curled ponytail into a moon.
12. Chaotically apply thick paint and a brush to the falling leaves.
13. The final touch is the stars. Apply semi-liquid white to the brush and splash the paint from the brush onto the drawing with your finger.
14. On the water below we enhance the white strokes - the reflection of the moon.
Topiary made of pine cones
Don’t know what craft on the “Autumn” theme to create with your own hands? A popular blog on Instagram offers a creative option - a topiary (an original tree with a geometric crown) made from pine cones.
To make a decorative figure you will need the following materials:
- cones - 40–50 pcs.;
- wooden stick - 1 pc.;
- flower pot - 1 pc.;
- rowan or viburnum berries;
- dry leaves, branches, reeds, moss;
- silver or golden paint;
- glue gun
Making a decorative tree is simple:
- Prepare the base for the figure: cut out a foam ball and cylinder that will fit snugly into the tree pot.
- Insert the foam cylinder into the pot and insert the stick. Attach a foam ball to it. The base for the craft is ready.
- Paint each pine cone and tree trunk with paint and wait until dry.
- Hot glue the pine cones one by one onto the foam ball. At the same time, attach rowan branches to glue between the cones.
- Decorate the base of the pot: attach dry leaves, moss, pine cones, berries, reed branches.
To make the tree beautiful, choose the right material. The author of the book “Crafts for Boys,” Svetlana Rashchupkina, recommends collecting the main material for crafts (cones) in the rainy season or on damp soil before they dry out, so they will retain their shape longer.
Beautiful autumn compositions will become worthy exhibits of a thematic exhibition. They can be given as a gift to relatives or teachers.
How to draw an autumn landscape for children
What is landscape? In fact, the landscape is not just the nature outside the window. Have you seen how artists are looking for exactly that piece of nature that they will paint on canvas? They should like the view, the angle, and the lighting. Sometimes the character of nature is reflected in the most inconspicuous picture. And this suggests that the artist saw beauty and was able to convey it in all details, color and light.
How can children master this science? Very simple. You need to show your child a couple of pictures of a beautiful autumn landscape and tell him what makes this picture special. For example:
- In one picture there is a tree strewn with golden foliage. Although the artist painted the leaves as a “cloud,” he highlighted several individual leaves as an accent and drew every detail on them.
- On the other there is a river, which is visible from a high hill, already covered with yellow-brown-green foliage. And it is the shine of the river, and the way heavy autumn clouds are reflected in it, that makes the landscape special.
- And on the third everything is simple: trees, bushes, grass. And only how low the sun is and how it sparkles like sunbeams in the tree branches decorates the landscape.
Kids quickly grasp such details. A little training and they will succeed!
Master class on how to draw autumn trees and sky.
I offer a simple option for children. You will need:
- Wet wipes
- Plastic bag
1. We make the background with watercolors. Using a large brush, apply transparent yellow, blue, a little red, apply randomly.
2. Take a damp cloth and smear the paint stains, while the cloth absorbs excess water.
3. On a separate sheet of paper, apply random spots of gouache paint. We make them with the touch of a large brush.
4. Apply clean water to the bottom of the sheet. We turn it over and apply our blank of paint stains to the wet part of the sheet, smoothing it with our hands. And we remove the leaf.
5. If you shoot by the top edge in the middle, you will get a static forest, and if you shoot by the uppermost corner, you will get the effect of wind in the forest.
6. It remains to draw the tree trunks. We do this in two shades of brown to make the picture more voluminous.
7. Let's draw rain. Take a wide brush and remove excess water from it. We put white gouache on the tip and apply strokes with diagonal light movements.
8. Using a thin brush and dark gouache we depict a key of birds that fly away to the south.
9. We put a simple plastic bag on our hand and apply gouache on the bag in spots. Let's crumple the bag a little in our hand.
Now we apply this package in different places of our trees with sharp jerky movements. This is how we get leaves. The forest becomes more alive.
Leaves fell, fell, fell...
Autumn leaves are perhaps the most popular material for crafts. A child can make an applique of leaves with his own hands. You only need to prepare the outline. Choose a story based on your child’s interest and age.
Maple leaves make wonderful roses. To do this, take a maple leaf with a stalk, fold it in half towards the stalk, then roll it into a tight tube. This is the core.
Next, we wrap our core with other leaves folded in half in a circle. When the bud is formed, we secure the leaves at the base with thread. To make roses last a long time, they can be coated with acrylic varnish or painted with spray paint.
But then I’ll show you our craft, which we did with our daughter for the autumn competition.
Drawings of autumn leaves and an autumn bouquet for school
Trunks and branches of trees and bushes remain throughout the year: in winter, summer, and spring. But it is the leaves that eloquently indicate the time of year and the mood of nature. Poems are written about the gold of autumn leaves, they are so beautiful. The leaves are incredibly beautiful all together on the tree. And every single leaf is incredible.
It is very convenient to make prints of leaves collected in the forest:
1. Paint is applied to the leaf, it’s beautiful if you make a slight gradient, that is, paint the leaf yellow on top, then orange, and green at the base.
2. Turn the leaf over and print it well on the paper.
3. It’s so simple and beautiful, even without knowing how to draw, you can convey the autumn mood on paper.
4. Spray the bottom with orange paint using a toothbrush.
5. At the top we make the sky in the same way. We finish drawing tree trunks, bushes, fallen leaves and birds.
Another simple option. Place different collected leaves under the white sheet. Shade the top with crayons or simply outline all the veins.
Oak, maple, birch, ash and acacia leaves. They are all different shapes and color differently with the arrival of autumn. For example, oak leaves remain green for a long time until they begin to turn brown at the edges. Ash is the first to welcome autumn with its bright yellowness. The maple turns red. A strong tree, and it has such bright colors.
Pictures from this collection will help your children better prepare for school and kindergarten competitions and assignments. And the kids themselves will be able to better understand and “see” how wonderful this time is! Preparations for school continue. By subscribing, become a regular visitor to the site so that creative activities are easier and more interesting for your children.
A beautiful souvenir craft - a pumpkin candlestick decorated with dried flowers, acorns, pine cones, and leaves.
Beautiful pumpkin candle holder: YouTube/Tsvoric
To make a beautiful craft, prepare the necessary tools and materials:
- small dense pumpkin - 1 pc.;
- dried flowers (roses, peonies, dahlias, daisies) - 5–10 pcs.;
- cones and acorns;
- dry herbs;
- glass beaker;
- sheet of cardboard;
- a simple pencil;
- glue gun
Step-by-step instructions for making a candlestick:
- Prepare the pumpkin. The author of the book “Decorative Products from Natural Materials” I. Tumko advises doing the following: cut off the top of the pumpkin, remove the lid and remove the pulp, leaving only the peel. It is very important to remove all seeds and pulp. Wash the vegetable and let it dry.
- Cut out a circle from cardboard, and another one inside (the diameter should correspond to the diameter of the glass for the candle).
- Use hot glue to randomly attach dried flowers, leaves, chestnuts, acorns and other decorative elements.
- Place the decorated circle on top of the pumpkin.
- Place a glass with a candle inside. The craft is ready.
The candlestick looks very elegant. It is appropriate to give it as a gift or decorate the interior of your home.
What and how to make an applique from leaves
What we need:
- 1. Natural material: leaves of various sizes, shapes and colors (they can be dried in advance), twigs, flowers, herbs, seeds.
- 2. Colored paper, felt, glue, scissors, paints, pencils, cardboard.
- 3. Varnish can also be useful to fix the finished work and give it shine.
How to work with leaves:
To start working on crafts from leaves, they must first be dried. This can be done between the leaves of books, or using an iron. Store the leaves between the pages of books or newspapers.